Fear not! Although the SSW Universe can seem like a cold, uncaring void at times, help is never really that far away.
In fact, if you're reading this, you're already in the right place!
Here are a list of things which should be able to get you out of just about any jam you encounter:
- READ THE F@#KING MANUAL
If you're ever stuck, confused, or lost, especially if you are a new player, the first place to look for help is the ever-growing
SSW DOCUMENTATION. We are slowly adding to this as
we go through beta and will continue to add documentation as the
SSW Universe evolves and expands. The documentation is essential reading for all new players, and will help you to orient yourself
to your new surroundings.
- HEED THE WISDOM OF YOUR LODGEMASTER
Many a Popsickle has been lost simply for not following the sage advice of THE LODGEMASTER. Your lodge is a place
of great wisdom (not to mention sanctuary and healing), and your Lodgemaster is the wisest of them all. Your Lodgemaster's purpose
is to help guide you along your path to enlightenment. Any time you are confused or lacking clarity as to your objectives,
simply pay a visit to the nearest Lodge and have a chat with the old fart.
- IT'S BETTER THAN DATA, IT'S DATABUDDY™!
By Imperial Decree, all Popsickles are implanted with an ACME DataBuddy™ 3000 Personal Information Assistant immediately upon
thawing. Your DataBuddy™ can provide information about where and what things, planets and NPCs are, and gives ingredients for recipes, and also contains a datapad which you
can use to take notes and remind yourself of important information. It's basically a SpoilerBot that tells you everything worth knowing in the Universe.
- HOW ABOUT SOME TOTALLY SPOILERIFFIC QUEST WALKTHROUGHS?
Yep, we've got those for you too:
- "Don't Panic!" A Walkthrough of Degrees 1-12
- "Sake it to me"! How to Become a Sushi Master, Degree 13
- "To Smoke, Wander and Pump it up" A Walkthrough of Degrees 14 - 16
- "Your ID Desires" A Meeting With the Hypercomputer, Degree 17
- "To GO where you haven't Gone Before" A Walkthrough of Degrees 18 - 21
- "Trade and Planet Hopping" A Walkthrough of Degrees 22 - 25
- "Suit Up!" The Sex0r Quest Begins, Degree 26
- "Tool Time!" A Walkthrough of Degrees 27 - 28
- "Kidnapped!" Meeting the Bi Chi Gang, Degree 29
- "To Learn, Build, and Plot" A Walkthrough of Degrees 30 - 33
- SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND...IN THE FORUMS
Perhaps the most valuable resource in all of the SSW Universe is the SSW FORUMS. Rest assured that no matter what
issue you are experiencing, someone else has experienced it before you, and most of the other denizens of SSW like yourself are
both friendly and more than happy to help out a fellow Popsickle-In-Need. If you are confused or lost, first try to do a FORUM SEARCH
to see if there is already a solution to your particular predicament. If, after searching the forums you still cannot find an
answer, try making a post about it in one of the SSW Help forums (or whichever forum is most appropriate for your question).
- SOMETIMES YOU WANNA GO WHERE EVERYBODY KNOWS YOUR USERNAME
If you are in dire need of immediate answers, you can't find an answer anywhere else, or you simply want to sit around
and shoot the bull with a friendly group of people, try stopping by SSW CHAT. There are almost always a good number of people
in chat, many of whom have been through the exact same things you are going through. They are almost always happy to help, but try not to
annoy them with too many newbish questions all at once.
- I AM STUCK IN SPACE AND CAN'T GO ANYWHERE, WHAT DO I DO???
As you might imagine, open space can be a dangerous place. If you go out into the void unprepared or ill-equipped, you're clearly inviting
disaster. However, even the most seasoned space-farers have occasionally found themselves far from a planet and without a bananna
peel or Emergency IPT Beacon in sight. If you ever find yourself seemingly trapped in a sector with no way to escape, there is always a way
out thanks to your Automatic Emergency Decompression Beacon, and the insatiable greed of the ever-vigilant Imperial Paramedic Service.
So, don't be afraid to get a little nekkid in space. It'll probably just cost you some Starbux...and hurt...a lot.